Trying to Score (Assassins, #2) - Toni Aleo Trying to Score (Assassins #2) by Toni Aleo

I have to say I have no idea how I have missed reading this series, I was given the opportunity to read and review this book as part of a blog tour and since I enjoy hockey (being Canadian) I decided to sign up. Well let me tell you I am sure glad I did or I am not sure with all the thousands of books I see on goodreads I would have come across this series. So this weekend I picked up Trying to Score (Assassins #2) by Toni Aleo having no idea what I was in for I was quite amazed with Toni’s writing and how much I was enjoying this story, Toni is a fantastic author and I was swept away in her story. I will say if you want to read a good romance novel you need to pick this book up. The character are great, Toni’s writing flows so well you don’t want to put it down, you fall in love with the characters and you even shed a few tears at times. I absolutely loved Toni Aleo’s writing.

This is a story of Lucas and Fallon, now I don’t want to say too much for spoiler’s sake but it is a story of two people who loved each other once and the relationship ended on bad terms. Lucas did something unforgivable in Fallon’s eyes and she left him after a 2 year relationship. So 7 years later Lucas who is a transferred to Nashville to play hockey bumps into Fallon. To say the emotions that Fallan feels when she sees him is something I hope not many women have to face or feel. Heartbroken Fallan cannot believe he has moved to her home town. As for Lucas he sees this as a great thing as he is going to win Fallon’s heart back. This is a rollercoaster of a story – and a must read.

Did I mention the hockey well let’s say who can’t imagine a hot hockey players and Toni Aleo sure does know her hockey players...

Another thing I loved about this book is it is a full novel, it tells us a great story and we meet many different characters and this is when it clicked in my head that if this is book two I needed to find book one. So of course I went and found it and read it today. Toni Aleo is now one of my new favorite authors.

I have rated this story a 5 star rating because I loved the writing, the story and the hot scenes between Fallon and Lucas. I am recommending anyone who loves romance, some suspense, some heart break, and some happy ever after to go pick this book up and while you’re at it go pick up Taking Shots (Assassins #1).

*Disclosure of Material Connection: I am a member of Reading Addiction Blog Tours and a copy of this book was provided to me by the author. Although payment may have been received by Reading Addiction Blog Tours, no payment was received by me in exchange for this review. There was no obligation to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are entirely my own and may not necessarily agree with those of the author, publisher, publicist, or readers of this review. This disclosure is in accordance with the Federal Trade Commision’s 16 CFR, Part 255, Guides Concerning Use of Endorcements and Testimonials in Advertising*