Shadow of Time - Jen Minkman Shadow of Time by Jen Minkman

First I have to say this book was amazing, and I found the authors writing and the research it must have taken to write this story was truly fantastic. Shadow of Time is well written, the characters and story line were captivating, and I couldn’t put this book down. I have to say Jen Minkman has written a very original story and I found myself truly caught up in this novel.

We first meet Hannah who travels to their summer home to hang out with her brother during the summer holidays. Hannah who teaches French is looking forward spending time with her brother and relaxing. When she bumps into her brothers best friend Josh she is shocked to see it is the same man she was checking out at the gas station earlier. He has grown into a tall dark gorgeous young man.

Josh and Hannah can feel the attraction and the pull towards each other, Hannah does struggle a bit as Josh is 17 years old compared to her 23. But she cannot control the attraction she is feeling and knows Josh is feeling the same.

Things are going well for Hannah, but at night Hannah is having some strange dreams that involve the Navajo people and Josh. Her dreams are starting to frighten her, not sure what to do with the images she sees in her dreams she starts to wonder if they could be real?

Shadow of Time is a paranormal romance novel but so unique and original that you can’t help but get caught up in this story. Hannah is a great character and she seems very real I really enjoyed how she handled things and the way the author kept her character more true to life then some of the other female characters in books.

I loved all the history of the Navajo people and its culture to be truthful I was so caught up in learning about this that sometime it was a bit more interesting then Hannah and Josh, but I do love romance.
Josh was a harder character to understand at first he was so on and off with Hannah I wasn’t sure what was going on, but the story had me so captivated I couldn’t wait to see this relationship grow.

I have rated Shadow of Time a 4.5 star rating, and Jen Minkman is one fantastic author, I would recommend Shadow of Time to anyone who is reading my review to go get yourself a copy of Shadow of Time. I would definitely read anything Jen Minkman writes in the future.