The Prelude - KaSonndra Leigh The Prelude (A Musical Interlude Novel) by KaSonndra Leigh

KaSonndra Leigh has written A New Adult Contemporary Romance novel called The Prelude, which by the way is one of my favorite genres. I really enjoyed The Prelude and once I started reading it I didn’t want to stop. KaSonndras’ writing is excellent, her words flow smoothly and I really enjoyed the main characters the descriptions were done extremely well. One of the things I liked most about this book is that lately I find authors are adding a lot of sex scenes in the adult romance genre and I really liked that The Prelude focused on the story more than the two having the actual sex. Don’t get me wrong though it’s still there and it is great, but I liked the plot and the way the story unfolded. This novel has a few different things going on, of course the romance, sexual tension, suspense, some lies and of course secrets. It has everything a good story needs.

So we meet Erin Angelo who has had to deal with a lot of tragedy and losses in her life, to protect herself she decided to keep her heart closed to love. She is now living in Milan and works as a designer with a few of her friends; they have recently just been hired to come up with the designs for Alek Dostov, Maestro of the local symphony. When Alek stops by to check on the design he meets Erin Angelo; in the middle of an asthma attack she asks him not to say anything to his boss assuming he is Alek Dostov assistant. So when Erin does meet up with Alek again she realizes her mistake. Alek is taken with Erin as Erin is to Alek. She starts to feel things she hasn’t for a very long time.

A lot of back and forth goes on between these two, and the sexual tension is off the charts, they both have so many secrets that the only way Alek is going to get his chance with her is by proposing they keep things light and maybe just have a sexual relationship keeping feelings and commitments off the table. Erin thinks this could work as the last thing she needs is to open up her heart, but are the fooling each other or themselves.

There is so much more going on in this novel, there is Alek’s past to learn about, and what happened to Erin, find out how her past has changed some of the dreams she had for her own life. And if Alek’s mother has anything to do with it, can Alek and Erin get past her controlling ways.

All I can stress at this point is go purchase a copy and find out for yourself.

So I have rated The Prelude (A Musical Interlude Novel) a 4.5 star rating and I highly recommend this novel. I cannot wait to read more of KaSonndra Leigh adult contemporary romance novels and really looking forward to reading a book 2 in this series.