In the Band (Luminescent Juliet #1) - Jean Haus In the Band by Jean Haus

This is the first time I have read anything by Jean Haus and she is an amazing author, this book In the Band was fantastic. Jean writing is easy to read, the characters are great, and this is one of those books you don’t put down till you’re at the end.

In The Band is about a young woman named Riley Middleton who has to give up her dreams of going to college and playing in the school’s marching band. Her mother is struggling, her father has left for a much younger woman and Riley needs to help take care of her sister. Riley attends a local college and has a few great friends who try to help out as much as they can, but you can feel that she is struggling at times and you feel for her. Then her friend suggests Riley auditions to become a drummer in a band. Well it’s not a marching band but Riley goes and tries out. Did I mention Riley is a talented drummer and of course you may guess what happens next?

Riley starts practicing with the band, she knows that a two of her band mates are thrilled she is there, but there is that guitar player Romeo who tells her straight out he is going to do everything in his power to get her to quit. Riley can’t believe this guy is such a jerk, and decides she will do anything to prove him wrong. But even though she can’t stand him there is an attraction to him and of course knows she has to push through that and ignore the jerk. Romeo is swoon worthy and as the reader you can’t wait to see how this all plays out!

This story is about love, loss, moving on and making new dreams. Jean Haus has written a fantastic story and I cannot wait to read more of her writing.

I have rated In the Band 5 stars and recommend anyone who enjoys the new adult genre to go ahead and purchase this novel they will not be disappointed.