Five (Elemental Enmity, #1) - Christie Rich Five (Elemental Enmity #1) by Christie Rich

Five by Christie Rich is the first book in the Elemental Enmity series, Christie is one of my favorite authors, her writing is fantastic and Five is a great read. She has written a story with a strong female lead character and some very hot co-characters. The plot was unique and I really enjoyed reading this novel. But there is only one downfall to this story at that is as soon as your finish with it you have the need to go purchase the next book in this series (Dark Matter (Elemental Enmity, #2)).

Rayla, who has been raised by her aunt Grace on a pig farm, has spent most of her time helping her aunt around the house and taking care of her cousins. She can’t wait to escape this life and head to college for some freedom. On her way to college a few things happen and she actually thinks she may be going a little crazy as she sees things that are out of this world. At college Rayla feels like she is being stalked by a man on a motorcycle that changes into a Pegasus and four other men are introduced to her eventually. And let me say these men are amazing looking, hot, sexy and they want Rayla. Rayla learns a lot about herself and finds out things that she never knew existed. Rayla realizes that the freedom and escaping her life back home may not have been the smartest decision she has made. Maybe there was a reason her aunt wanted her to stay close to home. We are introduced to the Fae world and how special Rayla is to this world.

This book is full of adventure, love triangles, sexy men and one strong young woman. There are some surprises; some betrayal has everything in it that makes for one amazing read. Christie Rich has written a series that you cannot put down. I have rated Five a 4 star rating and recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a great paranormal novel.