Angel - Laura Lee Angel by Laura Lee

I really enjoyed this novel, Laura’s writing flows extremely well, the character descriptions and plot are easy to read and her words make you sit back and think. This is a male/male romance novel but I will say not a typical romance novel and the ending is not what I expected.

This is a story about a man who has lost his wife 6 years ago and suddenly finds himself attracted to another male. Oh before I forget to mention he is a Minister of his church and believes that his Church and religion is his calling. This story isn’t just about two men in a relationship this is a story of Christianity and one’s beliefs and dives into acceptance of yourself even when your church or people tell you something is wrong. It touches you and makes you think about acceptance.

Ian and Paul start off with a friendship and they help each other out with their own individual problems and how when you fall in love with a person it’s not always about sex or orientation sometimes is just about falling in love with that individual person.

This is a well written novel, I found myself very caught up in this story waiting to see what was going to happen and how Paul was going to reconcile his religion and his love of another man.

This is must read book, and I recommend anyone and everyone to sit down and pick up a copy of Angel. Don’t get me wrong though this is a male/male romance novel (which by the way is still one of my favorite genres) and there is some sexual content, but everyone should take a chance and read it.

I have rated it a 4 star rating for the story and for Laura Lee’s writing.