Taking Charge - Mandy Baggot Taking Charge by Mandy Baggot

First I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed reading Taking Charge, Mandy’s writing is fantastic, the story flowed extremely well and I don’t think I stopped reading this story till I reached the end. Character and plot was well written, easy to follow and you get to know each character. I was so thrilled to see that Mandy had more books published that I could go read. I really enjoyed Taking Charge.

Robyn who father is sick is returning home to the USA after long nine years away. At first we just think it a daughter returning home to be with her sick father, but as you go deeper into the story you find out there is a reason she left home.

On the flight home or should I say in the airport Robyn meets Cole, they both are heading to the same place and Cole helps her with her broken luggage. Both Cole and Robyn have a past and secrets they would rather not think about, but a fantastic friendship develops between these two. I am a huge hockey fan and part of this story has Robyn coaching the town’s hockey team and it was great and you get to meet a few more characters that I hope to hear more about. There are laugh out loud sections of this story. I love Robyn and Cole, Robyn is funny, strong, and independent and gets things done. There are so many characters in this novel that I loved. I am hoping for a few more books in this series.

Besides romance heart break there is also a bit of mystery and suspense. All I will say is read this book and I really enjoyed Taking Charge and Mandy’s writing. I will be adding Mandy’s other books to my to be read list.

Come meet Robyn and Cole, Robyn’s soon to be step mom’s and her father, her father’s best friend Max and the hockey team it’s a great group of characters and I for one cannot wait to read more.

I have rated Taking Charge 4 stars.

*Disclosure of Material Connection: I am a member of Reading Addiction Blog Tours and a copy of this book was provided to me by the author. Although payment may have been received by Reading Addiction Blog Tours, no payment was received by me in exchange for this review. There was no obligation to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are entirely my own and may not necessarily agree with those of the author, publisher, publicist, or readers of this review. This disclosure is in accordance with the Federal Trade Commision’s 16 CFR, Part 255, Guides Concerning Use of Endorcements and Testimonials in Advertising*