Surrender - Aimee Laine Surrender (Mimics of Rune #2) by Aimee Laine

Surrender is the second book in the Mimics of Rune series, even though I haven’t read Little White Lies; I was able to fall along Surrender very easily. Aimee Laine is a fantastic author with very good writing skills in my opinion. The character and plot were well written and I followed along without any problem.

The story if full of action, romance and suspense, I enjoyed the story very much, I really liked that it was a different kind of shifter story. I mean who wouldn’t want to change their hair color whenever they wanted.

Right at the beginning of the story we meet Lily and Cael, Lily has just been kidnapped and Cael is trying to find out who has her. Cael is in love with Lily and is will do anything to save her. We also meet Charley and Wyatt who are from the first book. And of course some new characters are introduced. Lily is a mimic and can change her appearance; different from other shifters they can change their hair, eye color and their general appearance. Lily, Cael, Charley, Wyatt are all very close and have love each other like family and will do anything in their power to get Lily back.

I really loved the story of Cael and Lily it’s a fantastic romance story and keeps you pulling for them to have the happy ever after. But of course the mystery to why Lily is kidnapped is something you are going to have to find out for yourself by reading Surrender. There is mystery, suspense, action and romance what more could you ask for in a book.

I have rated Surrender 4 stars and cannot wait for the next book in this series. I will defiantly be adding Aimee Laine as one of my favorite authors and see what else she has out there to read.