Sweetest Taboo - Eva Márquez Review for Sweetest Taboo by Eva Marques

I was given this book to review thanks to the author Eva Marques and Young Adult Reads Group on Goodreads. So thank you!

Now this book is controversial considering it is about a romance between a young girl and her teacher. How do you I rate this book is what I am finding difficult. Yes the author is talented, her writing is good and I would probably read her next book. But the hard part is how do I publically say I found this book good or great when it to me sexual abuse?

So this is my problem, in reading this story the author is trying to show us readers that Isabel had some control in this relationship and that she did in fact love Tom (Mr.Steven’s) and it does appear she had some power in this relationship. But in saying that she was a minor and he was her teacher and even though their love was taboo I am not sure I can say it was sweet.

But as a reviewer I am going to say that I will give it a 3 star rating and it probably does deserve a 4 star but I cannot get past the underlying issues.

Eva Marques writing is good and I do look forward to reading your next book.

So thank you for giving me the opportunity to read the Sweetest Taboo.