Trafficked - Kim Purcell Trafficked by Kim Purcell

Trafficked is a difficult subject to read about but so important that I couldn’t wait to sit down and read it. Kim Purcell has done an excellent job and I give her ton’s of credit for telling us this story even though it’s a fiction novel we all know this is happening today somewhere. Kim’s words flowed extremely well, character descriptions are written excellent, and I felt so much sorrow for what Hannah is going through. There were times I had to stop and remember this is a fiction novel but deep down you know very well that does happen. It’s hard to believe that there are people that would take advantage of another human being like this.

We meet Hannah who is a seventeen young woman, who has just signed on to becoming a nanny for a family in America. Things start off rough for her but she is hoping once she reaches the family she will be working for things will get better. It doesn’t take her long to realize things are not what she was expecting. In her new home this family is horrible to her, she has to work harder than anyone should, she is threatened and warned what would happen to her if anyone found out she was there illegally. The abuse from the mother is endless and only gets worse. Hannah is unsure if she is going to survive.

I have rated Trafficked a 5 star rating, this book is written so well I have to give Kim Purcell 5 stars for sharing an ongoing issue in our world today and she has written it for the YA reader well mature YA reader with class and strength. I cannot say enough about this story or the author. If you read my review I would say go now and buy this book immediately.

I would recommend this book to anyone who can read!