Talisman Of El - Alecia Stone Talisman of El (Talisman of El #1) by Alecia Stone

The Talisman of El is a beautifully written YA Fantasy/Adventure novel, Alecia Stone’s writing is fantastic, the character development, the plot are well written, her words flow easily and once you start reading the Talisman of El you are hooked.

Charlie is a 14 year old boy, who has experienced many traumatic events in his young life, his parent’s death, living in an orphanage, and then finally getting adopted. Thinking now he is finally going to be able to live a normal life and be happy. Finding out his adoptive dad Jacob is a criminal and wants to use Charlie to help him is not something Charlie expected. Then to make matters worse when Charlie enters his new school he makes some enemies pretty fast, thank god for Alex who ends up one of his closest friends. Because of Jacob and his illegal activities Charlie ends up meeting some more friends and we are introduced to Richmond and Derkein.

Together Charlie and his friends set out to find the world of Arcadia and the adventure begins. This is one of those books when you put it down you know you have to get back to it to see what happens next. True adventure novel.

The Talisman of El is a great read, and I would recommend to any of my friends who love fantasy and adventure this is the novel for them. Alecia Stone has done a terrific job introducing us to the world of Arcadia, and I cannot wait to read book 2 in this new series.