Feathermore (Feathermore #1) - Lucy Swing Feathermore by Lucy Swing

Lucy Swing is a fantastic author; I reviewed a short story in an anthology for her so when she asked me to read her full length novel Feathermore I was thrilled and couldn’t wait to start it. Lucy’s writing is excellent her character description and plot are good and written extremely well. She gives you enough detail without overdoing it and it was one of those stories you couldn’t put down. Lucy Swing is now one of my favorite authors, her debut novel is exceptional and one of the best paranormal stories I have read in awhile.

So we are introduced to Jade, a senior in high school, she has a small group of friends and appears to be a pretty happy person. But Jade does carry around a secret and hasn’t told a soul not even Claire or Nate who are her best friends. She hears a voice in her head and it always feels like the voice is trying to warn her. Unsure of exactly what to do she dismisses the voice and tells no one fearing that her family and friends would think she is crazy.

One day in class a new boy arrives his name is Avan and he is drop dead gorgeous and Jade cannot keep her eyes off him. Feeling a strong connection towards Avan and finding out he feels the connection too, she decides to ignore her friends warnings to take things slow for now. Life seems to be going well and Jade is happy until a tragedy strikes and nothing in her life will ever be the same. Secrets are revealed and Jade knows she will never have a normal life again.

Feathermore is a fantastic read and I enjoyed the uniqueness of this book. I would recommend this novel to anyone who enjoys paranormal romances and I for one plan to tell all my friends to read it. Lucy Swing has given us the beginning of a new series and I cannot wait for book two in the Feathermore series.

Thank you Lucy Swing for giving me your novel to read and review and I cannot wait to read book two.