A Demon Made Me Do It - Penelope King A Demon Made Me Do It – by Penelope King

This is one awesome read, Penelope King’s writing style was so easy to read her words flowed off the pages and had me hooked from the very first chapter. I found this novel very unique, you have two character’s with different personalities who share one body. The concept is different than a regular demon possession, the way the story is delivered you get to know the characters as individuals and see how opposite they both are. Penelope King is a fantastic author she has written this story about an individual character with two personalities and they live in two different worlds it’s like you get two for the price of one. I enjoyed this book so much I couldn’t put in down and was shocked when I realized I was near the last page.

So we are introduced to Liora and young woman attending her senior year of high school and cannot wait to be finished with it. She doesn’t understand why she even has to attend due to the fact she shares her body with a demon. Liora has one friend and its hard on them both as Liora is never around in the evenings and the excuse of not leaving her blind grandmother alone at night does make her friend wonder. Lucky who is the Demon half of Liora, only comes out at night, she is a kick ass demon who loves to hunt and kill other demons but her main goal or passion in life is to find the demon that killed her best friends? Liora and Lucky share a body but they are very separate people so when Kieron walks into their life’s and falls for Liora or is it Lucky things get really interesting. Kieron holds some secrets himself and Lucky is not sure he can be trusted with Liora. And then we have Bones, Lucky’s best friend who is always there for Lucky and will do anything for her. Lucky knows she is in love with Bones but realizes that it would never work between them. I want somehow for this not to be so and I am pulling for Lucky and Bones to end up together. It puts another great spin on this story.

This is a great novel and if you’re like any of the others who have read it you too will rush out and buy Fire with Fire (Demonblood #2) as you want to know what is going to happen next. I would recommend this novel to anyone who loves to read paranormal novels.