The Guardian's Kiss (Samantha Brand, #1) - Jamie Lynn Dougherty The Guardians Kiss by Jamie Lynn Dougherty

This book has a lot of potential; but I had a hard time finishing it, I never felt connected to the characters, the words just didn’t flow for me. I do believe the author is on the right track and this novel has tons of potential that maybe editing could make it a great read.

Two sisters Samantha and Barb are trying to escape contracting a dangerous virus they believe the military has made, this virus is spreading fast and they know time is running out. We meet other characters throughout this book, Trent who is an angel is sent to help the sisters and protect Samantha we also meet H.B who is a shape shifter and of course then the fallen angel Dricus. This book I would classify as a YA Paranormal novel with romance, soul mates and a lot of drama.

I will say that even though I struggled through the entire book I know find myself wanting to know what is going to happen in the next book. I had to rate this book a 2 stars as I really didn’t enjoy it.

I will post the book description and leave it up to the readers to decide if they want to take a chance and read this book.

Book Description on Goodreads:

Take a step into this world of Angels, Demons and a little something in between. A touch of faith and trust. And a woman finding her true strengths and doing anything she can to protect those around her. Ultimately finding out more about herself and her soul mate than she could have ever imagined.

What would you do if you had the survival of mankind weighing
on your shoulders?

Would you face your true identity? Or would you run and hide?

When Samantha’s sister is infected by a deadly virus, Samantha and her twin must face their deepest secret. One that they have kept their entire lives. When they are rescued by a handsome soldier Trent, Samantha senses something in him she feels she can trust.

Little does she know, he has secrets, not even she could have prepared for. Will her destiny take her down the path that will save the human race?

Or will it be too late?

With ethereal gifts and a Guardian to watch over her, Samantha must remember who or what she truly is to save those she cares for the most