Incarnate (Newsoul, #1) - Jodi Meadows Incarnate (Newsoul #1) by Jodi Meadows

Incarnate is a very different type of story, it’s based around souls, most souls have lived thousands of lives, and every soul has talents so when the body dies their soul gets reborn into another body. The great thing is their souls can remember all their past life’s if they forgot some details they have like journals they keep. In this world they have very little discrimination because each soul can be born a woman or a man so the tolerance is there. I loved this concept.
In this world there is still a dark side there are people fighting dragon and sylphs and danger is around the corner, which of course intrigues us the readers.

Ana the main character in this book is born a new soul with no past lives, and is an outcast, Ana’s mother is very abusive and this has caused Ana not to trust anyone. It was like her mother enjoyed the fact that Ana feared her and enjoyed seeing Ana upset. Ana spent 18 years with her abusive mother and now that she has reached adult hood she plans on leaving and going to Heart to find out why she is different she has so many questions. As the story unfolds Ana does become stronger and it’s great to see her character develop into a more confident young woman.

Sam is another character in the book that you fall in love with, he shows Ana that people do care and Sam cares a lot. Sam’s sensitive and caring and the friendship that develops between him and Ana is great and of course we the reader love to watch this relationship develop. Ana’s life was hell with her mom and really believed that all the other people would treat her the exact same way so it’s hard for Ana to trust Sam.

Jodi Meadows does a terrific job creating this world and I cannot wait to read the next book in this series. The description and the music form images in your head while you’re reading this book and it’s fantastic.

I would recommend this book to anyone who loves UF/PNR books.