Saving June - Hannah Harrington Saving June by Hannah Harrington

We all know the feelings that accompany losing a loved one, but when the loved one has taken her own life those feelings I hope not everyone has had to feel. Guilt, anger, pain, grief and not truly knowing why or if you could of stopped it somehow, all those unanswered question are left for you to somehow deal and resolve.

This novel is about a young woman named Harper, who is a strong, confident, and says what she thinks, you feel for her so fast while you’re reading this book. Harper grew up in the shadow of her sister June, June was smart, pretty, organized, kind, seemed to have it all. Harper knew her parents wished she was more like June. Harper’s parents now divorced, her dads with a younger woman so many conflicting emotions going on inside her. Now Harper has to live her life not understanding why her sister committed suicide, no note left behind Harper starts to look around to find any clue possible.

This is where the journey begins, Harper steals June ashes and takes off for California to spread June’s ashes in the ocean, and this is where June always wanted to be this was June dream. Harper, Laney her best friend and Jake a young man somehow connected to June offers his help plus he is their ride.

Laney is the type of best friend you hope you had growing up or have, she is supportive and always there for Harper no matter what. Jake appears to be the bad boy type, obsessed with classic rock music, he believes music can solve everything. Harper knows Jake has a secret he isn’t telling anyone.

Put these three together on a road trip and what you get is a great story, it is funny and real and full of emotions. When Jake and Harper argue you can feel the attraction between them happening. The romance is yummy and you can’t stop reading.

The music is the other part of this novel that was great I found I wanted to go find the songs and download them, and the best part is the author added the playlist at the end of the book.

Overall this book was a great debut novel for Hannah Harrington; I would recommend this to anyone who loves YA romance. I will definitely read anything Hannah writes in the future.