Initiation  (Bonfire Academy, #1) - Imogen Rose First I have to say I absolutely loved this book, Imogen Rose is a fantastic author, the storyline and character descriptions were well written and she gave you enough information to get to know each of them, and fall in love with a few. Initiation was one of those novels you don’t put down and I definitely will be following this series.

Welcome to Bonfire Academy a school for supernatural’s...we first meet Cordelia who has decided to stay for a third year at Bonfire Academy so she could build up her skills and play tennis. Her first day back she is asked to go to the student president’s office for a meeting which is very unusual as the student president is normally kept a secret throughout the year, curiosity gets the better of her and she heads to the meeting. Here we meet Jagger; he asks Cordelia if she would be interested in becoming a mentor for a new initiate, Faustine who is half human and half demon. Cordelia wants to refuse but because of the unique situation she agrees. Cordelia and Faustine are both demon princesses and Cordelia realizes that because Faustine is half human this may put her in some difficult situations with so many other supernatural’s around the school.

This story is full of mystery, suspense and a fantastic love triangle. Quinn who is Cordelia long time boyfriend is kind, caring and you fall in love with his character. Jaggar also has great qualities and knows that Cordelia and he somehow ended up synced together. The feelings that occur when they are together are intense and it appears like they have mated. So besides Cordelai dealing or should I say not dealing with all that going on in her life she still has to mentor Faustine.

When Faustine and Cordelia are attacked and strange things happen, one Cordelia dies and Faustine disappears into thin air, thank god Jaggar saves Cordelia and they find Faustine fast asleep in bed. Unsure of what happened and who attacked them Cordelia knows she needs to protect Faustine and figure out what is going on.

This story is fantastic and all I can say is it’s a must read, great beginning to what I think is going to be a superb series. The story does not focus on a lot of romance it is more action, suspense and mystery mixed with some romance. The author did an amazing job giving us a wonderful story, great characters and I cannot wait to read book two. I would recommend Initiation to all my friends and anyone who loves paranormal novels.