Moon Over Alcatraz - Patricia Yager Delagrange Moon Over Alcatraz by Patricia Yager Delagrange

Patricia Yager Delagrange has written what I would say as an excellent women’s romance novel. Its heart wrenching at times and I will admit I shed a few tears. But it was one of those stories you cannot put down and I would say one of the better romance novels I’ve read in awhile. Patricia’s writing is excellent the words flowed seamlessly and her writing made you feel actual emotions when reading this story. I would compare her writing to someone like Nicholas Sparks; I truly loved this story and couldn’t put it down till I reached the end.

This is a story of love, loss, recovery and moving forward. We are introduced to Weston and Brandy having just lost their baby, Brandy is overcome with sadness and depression blaming herself for the death of her new born daughter. Weston who is struggling and not quite understanding why his wife won’t let him touch her, you see his compassion and you can feel his sorrow. So many words left unsaid, secrets on how they are feeling inside only causes their marriage to begin to weaken. Weston has been asked to go away for work and accepts the job with Brandy’s blessing hoping she get pull herself out of the depression and be the wife Weston deserves. Loneliness and grief cause Brandy and Weston to make some horrible choices that almost causes the marriage to end. Being determined that their love and marriage is worth fightening for they leave their mistakes in the past and try to start over.

But more secrets are revealed and the past mistakes are in the forefront again, Brandy ends up alone and struggling and does a lot of soul searching within herself never really knowing what is going to happen and if love can overcome all of their mistakes. Or will they move on and find new loves of their lifes?

Moon Over Alcatraz is an excellent book and I would recommend this to anyone who loves a true romance novels. I rated this story 4.5 as I truly enjoyed the book and really enjoyed Patricia’s writing. All I will say is go buy this book.